On Sundays I am always thinking about what we are going to eat for meals that week. When the boys are napping I scribble out a list of meals and things I need to buy at the store. I got all of the items at the store yesterday for under $100- which isn’t bad considering I bought lunch and snack items too! Here the meals I am going to make this week:
– Creamy chicken soup with crescent rolls. I love that veggies and protein are all in one pot. And leftovers are great for lunches the next day.
– Chopped salad with gorgonzola and avocado. I put a balsamic vinaigrette on this- so yummy.
– Quick spaghetti bolognese. I cheat on this dish and dress up my favorite store-bought marinara sauce with ground beef, shredded carrots and onions and red wine. A rich, hearty meal.
– Thai chicken curry. One of our favorite meals! Coconut milk, lime and red curry. I serve it over basmati rice.
– Stir fried rice. The cheapest, easiest meal! Use the leftover rice from the curry, and veggies you have around. I use carrots, onions, garlic and chives. Topped with soy sauce, lemon and butter- I real treat!
I am going to post the recipes throughout the week! But if you interested here is what you will need at the grocery store:
Creamy chicken soup- bacon- optional, olive oil, butter, chicken breasts, Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper, onions, yellow potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic, flour, vermouth or white wine, chicken stock, half and half, and crescent rolls.
Chopped salad with gorgonzola and avocado- olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, romaine lettuce, red onions, bacon, avocado, lemon and tortilla chips. French bread- optional.
Quick spaghetti bolognese– Spaghetti, onion, carrot, garlic, ground beef, salt, pepper, fresh thyme and or rosemary or Italian seasoning, red wine, marinara sauce and sugar.
Thai chicken curry- Basmati rice, chicken broth, olive oil, chicken, curry powder, salt, pepper, onions, red pepper, garlic, ginger, red curry paste, coconut milk, lime and sugar.
Stir-fried rice- Vegetable oil, butter, eggs-optional, onions, carrots, garlic, Rice- leftover or fresh, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, lemon, pepper, chives.
Later today I will be posting the creamy chicken soup recipe. This is a quick soup that can be done from chopping to eating in one hour.
Happy meal planning! These recipes I am posting this week are all sure family pleasers that are easy! If I can do it with two into everything little boys- anyone can =)